50 Cent has compared Megan Thee Stallion to Jussie Smollet in the wake of her ongoing criminal trial against Tory Lanez, whom she’s accused of shooting her in the feet in 2020.
Jussie Smollett was infamously found guilty of felony disorderly conduct in December 2021 for allegedly staging a hate crime, and 50 Cent has implied the Houston Hottie is heading down a similar path.
In a post shared to his Instagram, Fiddy lined up two screenshots of Meg alongside two screenshots of the former Empire star, with one of the former’s pictures fading away as she transformes into Smollett.
“Damn i’m confused all this shit going around,” 50 wrote in the caption. “I don’t know what to think. LOL.”
View this post on Instagram
50 Cent’s trolling comes days after Megan testified that Tory Lanez offered her $1 million to keep quiet after he allegedly shot her following an argument at Kylie Jenner’s house in the Hollywood Hills in July 2020.
The felony assault trial finally kicked off last week after numerous delays. On December 12, Meg was brought to the stand and spoke about the night when the Toronto rapper allegedly fired five shots from the window of a car, wounding her in the feet.
“Don’t say anything and I’ll give you a million dollars,” Meg recalled Tory saying after the incident, adding he was worried about violating his probation. However, Tory’s attorney, George Mgdesyan, has disputed this claim, saying his client was never even on probation.
Following the alleged shooting, the L.A. County D.A.’s Office charged Tory Lanez with a felony count of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and one count of carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle in October 2020.
A third felony count was added at the December 5 proceedings when Tory was charged with “discharging a firearm with gross negligence.” He has pleaded not guilty to all of the charges.
Elsewhere in Megan Thee Stallion’s testimony, she spoke about her initial hesitancy on whether she should report the shooting to the police, admitting she feared for Lanez’s safety and worried cooperating with police could have ruined her rap career.
“At this time we are at the height of police brutality… I felt if I said this man had shot me, they might shoot first and ask questions later,” she said. “I don’t feel safe in the car. I don’t feel safe with the police. First of all, in the Black community, in my community, it’s not really acceptable to be cooperating with police officers.”
The trial is expected to last for approximately 10 days. If convicted, Tory faces up to 22 years and eight months behind bars, as well as subsequent deportation to Canada.
This is far from the first time 50 Cent has questioned the legitimacy of Megan’s claims. Following her interview with Gayle King on CBS Mornings back in April, the Queens legend shared a clip of the Houston Hottie denying she had been “intimate” with Tory Lanez prior to the shooting.
Lanez previously alleged he was sleeping with both Megan and her former best friend and assistant, Kelsey Harris.
“Now that, I don’t believe, she had to think about her answer,” 50 wrote. “SMH all this shit is crazy. so old boy did the harlem nights shit and said dance bitch!”[via]