Flo Rida has responded to praise from 50 Cent after the G-Unit mogul saluted his recent $82million win in his lawsuit against energy drink company Celsius.
In an Instagram post on Wednesday (January 18), 50 celebrated Flo’s win and noted how he was only drinking the beverage because of the Florida rapper’s association with it – which was the main point of his lawsuit.
“official_flo is a good dude Celsius was wrong and they are going to have to pay now,” 50 wrote. “I was only drinking it because Flo was involved. Money by monday! #bransoncognac #lecheminduroi”
In his response, Flo Rida added how 50’s accomplishments were a running inspiration amid his lawsuit. “Love you my brother always appreciated and a true inspiration to this situation in way you’ve accomplished in your ventures,” he said.
Flo Rida responds to 50 Cent’s support after $82M lawsuit victoryhttps://t.co/52WCdDsvQr pic.twitter.com/0fSzKSeZyc
— HipHopDX (@HipHopDX) January 19, 2023
As previously reported, Flo Rida filed suit against Celsius for allegedly cutting him out of profits. In an interview to discuss the situation on CNBC’s Squawk Box earlier this month, the “Right Round” rapper explained that he felt he popularized the product he got behind in 2014 but hadn’t seen the commission he was owed for it.
“It was a time during the pandemic where I got to sit down and really check out all my business endeavors, and this one in particular, I check it out and they were telling me that one of the products I was endorsing wasn’t selling and I got a chance to look at it and it was doing more than well,” Flo said in the interview. “This product has done over tens and tens of millions of dollars since I joined the company.”
He also filed suit over company stock, claiming he was promised and never received any stock for promoting the Celsius drinks for years.
On Wednesday (January 18), a jury ultimately sided with the Florida rapper, despite Celsius claiming and arguing it had adequately paid him for his contributions.
Meanwhile, 50 Cent has teased multiple BMF spin-offs he’s got in the works as the STARZ TV show based on the Detroit kingpin family has just been renewed for a third season.
According to Variety, BMF has received the green light for Season 3. The announcement comes shortly after the premiere of Season 2 earlier in January, which brought in 4.1million multiplatform viewers.
50 Cent celebrated his show’s success and the renewal with an Instagram post on Wednesday (January 18) which saw him hyping up three BMF spin-offs in the pipeline.
“MF is on fire season 3 here we go,” he wrote. “Spin offs on the way BMF IMMORTALS 1,2,and 3 BOOM GLGGreenLightGang I don’t miss!”[via]